But the day: outside of packed office work, enjoyable, due to lovely little moments. Even as it feels silly/inconsequential to linger over or read anything into them, I love how it's the silly little details that can add up to a sense of contentedness. To wit:
- Dearheart emailed me because she saw tamarind ice cream in a Mexican grocery near her new digs and thought of me. Cool! I love tamarind, not sure how it is with ice cream. The confection comes in a tube, however -- can we feel confident this is truely dairy based? Tubed ice cream:: ice cream as Cheez whiz::cheese?
- A good friend called, just as I was eyeing the phone. She was strolling around her block, with her sparkly new baby girl, so I got to catch up with her. Baby meeting imminent!
- I got into the Liberty Local show at the Ann Arbor Art Center -- a new little fair in mid-October.
- Thai shrimp curry twice today! Looooove coconut milk curries and can muster a handful of respectable Indian curries, but haven't taught myself any Thai. Need to get a good lemongrass vibe going.
- Good Mom quote, though from the worrisome occasion of her falling against the bathtub ledge, hurting her back and giving herself a goose egg at the base of her head: "I'm doing okay. Otherwise, I'd be doing worse." She's healing well.
- The kitchen shears have returned! I took them to the cemetery. Don't know why THAT would have confused me.
- Thesaurus provides the following words for addlepated: muddleheaded, adlebrained, puddingheaded. Assignment: in your next work meeting, work two varations into the conversation. One should be delivered in a self-deprecating manner; the other hotly, confrontationally.